Academic and Clinical Training for Hospitalized and Ambulatory Patients
The goal of the Transitional Year Residency Program at St. Luke’s University Health Network is to provide an educational program with academic and clinical training in the basic principles of patient care for hospitalized and ambulatory patients. Upon completion, the transitional year resident will have a fundamental knowledge of preventative medicine and health maintenance and an appreciation of common disease entities and their evaluation and treatment.
This program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and by the Council on Post-Doctoral Education of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Our trainees who choose this year are seeking a preparatory year before entering other residency training. Others are looking for a broad-based clinical year to help them to decide which field of medicine they would like to pursue.
The strengths of the program include:
- Flexible elective time with a wide choice of clinical experiences
- Individual tailoring of the resident's curriculum to suit his/her long-term career goals
- A strong educational environment with dedicated faculty
- The opportunity to interact with residents/fellows from other accredited ACGME programs including Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Ob/Gyn, Hospice and Palliative Care, General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Excellent ambulatory continuity clinic in a managed care setting
- Opportunity to learn using interactive conferences, web-based learning and simulation
We welcome you to apply to our program. We believe you will find that we have a program that provides a first-rate educational experience in a supportive training environment.
Gloria Fioravanti, DO, FACP
Program Director, Department of Medicine
St. Luke’s University Health Network
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
Temple University School of Medicine
801 Ostrum Street, EW 4
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Contact email@example.com for more information.