- Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program or an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania Licensure
- Board certification
- Proof of BLS and ACLS. PALS preferred, not required
Applications are due in their entirety for consideration by the Admissions Committee by March 30 for subsequent October start date. Select candidates are invited for an interview. Personal interviews are required. Applicants are selected based on academic achievement, interpersonal skills and interest in emergency medicine and critical care.
Please be prepared to submit the following items:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript
Once your application is accepted, you will be required to submit the following items to Human Resources:
- Two to three letters of recommendation (if applicant has graduated within the past year one of the letters must come from the applicant's program director / clinical coordinator). Letters should be in a sealed envelope on official letterhead ( if possible) with the author’s signature across the seal.
- Official copy of PA/NP school transcripts - unopened.
Please contact us with any questions at: APEMCCfellow@sluhn.org
About the Area
The Lehigh Valley region in eastern Pennsylvania is the third largest metropolitan area in the state. It is located an hour from New York, the Pocono Mountains and Philadelphia regions.
Popular attractions include art museums and galleries, sporting events and historical sites. The hospital is minutes away from the quaint historic district of downtown Bethlehem. Lehigh Valley’s metropolitan lifestyle is equally balanced by our outdoor offerings. If the rural countryside is what you’re after, take a short drive to find wineries, outdoor activities, zoos, walking, hiking and biking trails.